Safety and Protection During The COVID-19 Pandemic
We would like to emphasize our commitment to protecting the lives of our students and our University community at large, amidst the COVID-19 pandemic. We want to do everything we can to protect you, your classmates, university staff, and your family members from possible infection. Therefore, we ask that you strictly adhere to the advice given by public health officers.
In line with the University’s mission of being student centric and despite the uncertainties brought by the Covid-19 pandemic, the following measures have been put in place to safeguard the safety of our students:
- All students MUST wear masks to be permitted into the premises and MUST wear them throughout their stay on campus.
- Hand-washing stations and/or sanitizers will be at all entrances with clean water and soap and students will be required to use them.
- Temperature will be taken by a thermometer gun at the entrance.
- All students will be required to write their names, address, gender, age, contact number at the entrance.
- Students SHALL use their own pens when entering their names into the register.
- Not more than 50 people will be allowed in any class. The number maybe further reduced depending on the size of the class.
- Physical distancing of not less than 1 (one) meter will be required when standing or sitting.
- The classrooms will have adequate ventilation and will be sanitized after each session.
- The lift will be restricted for the use of differently abled students and staff.
- Students will be required to observe the pre-marked areas prescribing where to sit/stand.
We encourage students to limit unnecessary visit to the campuses for administrative issues that can be provided remotely by our dedicated team. Kindly make use of the following contacts for respective requests and you will be assisted accordingly:
Continuing Students Office:
- Wiza Mponela: +260 973510047 / email@example.com
- Noreen Mwewa (BIT): +260 972379626 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chishimba Simubali (AESS and LAW): +260 950404529 / email@example.com
- Neema Malasa (SoM): +260 973510643 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Distance Learning Office:
- Joseph Kapasa: +260 777398466 / email@example.com
- Mike Chalwe: +260 777398465 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Simon: +260 975402898 / email@example.com
- Khumbo: +260 963314623 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Moreblessings: +260 963318603 / email@example.com
- Susan: +260 964291925 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Moses: +260 777398415 / email@example.com
- Tidalise: +260 777398408 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Samuel: +260 777398464 / email@example.com
Dean of Students:
- Great North Campus (Main Campus) Switchboard: +260 777398223
- Long Acres Campus (School of Medicine) Switchboard: +260 777398224
Kindly check our website on the link below for further information on enrolments, academic calendar, and class schedules for both full time and distance learning residential classes: